We only have the one planet, so we respect it.
"Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents.
It was loaned to you by your children." Kenyan Proverb
Castle Mountain Resort (CMR) is entrusted with the stewardship of lands in South Western Alberta. Every decision that we make is a reflection of how seriously we take that responsibility.
We know that our natural surroundings are our resort’s greatest asset. We live in one of the world’s most incredible spots. We’re surrounded by Rocky Mountain ranges and sweeping river valleys. Castle River winds, sweeps and trickles along our perimeter and along the edge of our slopes while Gravenstafel creek flows to the south of us. The east side of our valley is a safe haven for wildlife and we take seriously our promise to protect the wetland ecological reserve that borders our north and eastern edges.
This all gives rise to an amazing topography, which draws more than 60,000 people each year to our slopes and our backcountry.
As part of our commitment to protecting all of this, we’re careful about what we develop and how we maintain our resort. To that end, we:
- engage in environmental studies
- promote resource conservation
- encourage recycling
- practice erosion control and minimal site disturbance during slope grooming
- replace machines with more efficient engines
- participate in a shuttle bus program to encourage less traffic to the area
Third Party Ecological Studies
- Wild Plant Study Conducted by: Clark EcoDynamics Inc. Bragg Creek, Alberta
- Bear & Birds of Prey Study Conducted by: MATRIX SOLUTIONS INC.
- Aquatic Study Conducted by MATRIX SOLUTIONS INC.
For more information on our environmental practices, contact Brian (email@example.com).