19th Annual Drifter Day September 8th.
Mark your calendar. Drifter Day is a volunteer day going on 19 years. The focus is brushing on Drifter. Volunteers are dropped off at the top of the mountain and we clear brush, stumps and new growth, as we make our way down the mountain. This year the plan is to hit the bottom half of showdown and then continue the work from 2017 on the middle band across drifter all the way to the entrance of the Easy Out, this all depends on the number of volunteers.
Meet at the new shop at 8:00 AM. There will be a brief safety meeting before we leave for the top of the mountain. If you can’t be on time be 5 minutes early.
- One or two helpers per saw; if you don’t have a saw, we still need your muscles
- Split into work groups based on the number of people that show up
- Have fun and enjoy a satisfying day (your knees, legs will thank you for removing the dangers that hide below these slopes as you rip up the pow this coming winter!)
- We’ll have a little food and re-hydration at the end of the day on Miller’s deck (normally plenty of Huckleberries on the slopes for snacking on)
- Alternative Help – if you don’t want or are unable to work on the slope or don’t have much time, we could use help with the following:
- Driving the crew to the top of the mountain in the morning
- Picking up the crew from Cinch Traverse at the end of the day
- Monitoring the radio during the day
WHAT TO BRING:
- lunch and water
- work gloves
- protective glasses, if you have them
- ear protection, if you have some, we’ll round up some ear plugs as well
- good solid footwear – work boots, hiking boots, etc. We will be working in rough terrain and on steep slopes
- suitable clothes for rough work – no shorts
- chain saw if you have one
- it always works out better if you operate your own saw, please make sure it is sharpened and bring the correct file to sharpen the chain, the wrench and screw driver for the saw
- Only bring enough gas and oil for the day, no extra.
- The hill saws will be prepared and ready to go for people who will need one.
- Recommend – protective chainsaw paints for those running equipment
- Radio – if you have access to a radio with a hill channel please bring it
- Bring a friend and pass the word along that we can use all the help we can get
Feel free to let me know if you can attend (email@example.com). See you on September 8th.
Thank you in advance