Castle Mountain Resort is the direct result of the vision of a small group of people who were passionate about skiing and loved the Westcastle Valley. In the summer of 1965, they installed t-bars that gained them access to 2500 feet of phenomenal skiing and opened it to the public in December of the next year.
As for the future, the same kind of passion continues to drive our vision for Castle Mountain Resort. That vision is continually inspired by a collective group passion for skiing, expanding our community and sustaining our environment.
It's also about maintaining the viability of our resort. To do that, we need people to come here and ski. To draw them here, we want to continue expanding on what we have without compromising the unique character and pristine beauty of our mountains and our resort.
When we look to the next 5 years, this is what we see:
- Small scale commercial development that supports a family oriented atmosphere at the resort.
- Providing more on-hill, multi-family style accommodation and support services.
- Developing sufficient housing to finance the infrastructure and capital improvements
- Maintaining a compact development footprint.
- Limiting development to that required for long-term sustainability.
If you would like to discover a sense of home and adventure deep in the purest part of the Canadian Rockies, the opportunity is now. Whether you'd like to be a part of our commercial development or call Castle your second home, there's no better time or place.
Future Vision Map 1
Future Vision Map 2
Future Vision Map 3