August 10, 2018 – 4:30 PM Update
All the information below remains in effect, however there has been a new update from the MD of Pincher Creek which can be found here.
The next update is not expected to occur until tomorrow evening unless the situation changes.
August 10, 2018 Update –
A proactive *Evacuation Alert* is being issued to residents and visitors of Castle Mountain Resort and vicinity.
It is important to note that an evacuation alert is NOT a mandatory evacuation. Here’s what we know:
– Guests and residents are still permitted to access the resort as per usual.
– Castle Mountain Resort’s hiking trails are closed to ALL traffic
– This weekend’s wedding event is continuing as per usual with contingency plans being discussed.
– Barricades / Checkpoint will be placed along Highway 774 at the turnoff to Beaver Mines Lake Road to advise residents & guests of the situation.
– Pincher Creek Emergency Services are now on location setting up structure protection.
– Residents of this area are strongly encouraged to have an evacuation plan in place, and be prepared to evacuate with an hours’ notice.
– Residents choosing to evacuate at this time are requested to register with the MD by calling
1-855-627-5365, and leave a message, or email email@example.com. Please provide your
contact name, the number in your party, your contact numbers and your legal land description.
This fire remains wholly within British Columbia but we know things can change quickly.
Futher updates can first be found at:
– News section on the homepage of skicastle.ca
We will endeavor to keep you up to date through Castle Mountain Resort social media as new information come through.