WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT
SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS IN EFFECT IN LIGHT OF COVID-19
Castle Mountain Resort is defined by our exceptional terrain, great snow, and our close-knit mountain community. Not only are we a key part of the fabric of our local communities, but we’re owned by community minded, local Albertans just like you. Whether you’re an owner, season pass holder, occasional Castle skier or rider, or a staff member, we know you have questions on what our operations look like. Please read on for more information.
Below are some of the changes / initiatives that are currently in place:
MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS
- Face coverings are mandatory at Castle Mountain Resort
- Face coverings are required indoors (except while seated & eating / drinking), in ticketing areas, in lift line-ups, at chairlift unloads, while riding the lifts, in the immediate vicinity of our base lodge buildings, and in any outdoor areas that people may be congregating.
- Face coverings must be a solid piece of multi-layer fabric that snuggly fits your face, fully covering your mouth and nose.
- While we recommend that children 5 & under wear a face covering, this age group is the lone exception to our rule.
- If any guest 6 years of age or older are not prepared to wear a face covering at all times in these areas, we have no choice but to tell you not to visit us at this time.
Face coverings which are not-multi layers in nature, have holes or perforations, and/or do not fit snugly around the mouth and nose are not appropriate or permitted.
DAY LODGE / INDOOR SPACES
- Our Day Lodge is currently open for take-out food service, for washroom access, and warm-up space (Maximum 75 guests)
- There is a dedicated entrance (upstairs, south facing doors) and exit (upstairs, west facing doors) within our day lodge.
- Bags, boots, and other personal items are not permitted in the day lodge – please treat your vehicle as your own personal lodge & ski locker. All storage cubbies have been removed.
- Bagged lunches are not permitted within our day lodge space. If you have brought your own lunch, please enjoy it within the comfort of your vehicle or at one of our outside picnic tables.
- Our downstairs brown bag lunch area is closed to all guests. As a result there will be no through traffic to the upstairs of the day lodge from Guest Services
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Brown Bag Lunches –
- With the closure of all indoor spaces, please enjoy your own lunch in the safety of your vehicle or at one of our outdoor picnic tables.
Day Lodge Food & Beverage –
- Our Day Lodge cafeteria is currently open.
- Joe’s Cafe is closed but specialty beverages and coffees are still available from the main day lodge bar.
- We have simplified our food and beverage offerings within the main cafeteria to ensure sufficient speed of service / minimize wait times.
T-Bar Pub & Grub –
- The T-Bar Pub is open for take out and patio service only – no indoor dining is permitted.
- Please enter through the west facing entrance (facing Whiskey Jack run) and exit through the north facing exit (facing the Snow School).
Sundance Snack Shack –
- Visit our new take out window – the Sundance Snack Shack – facing the Sundance (Blue) Chair, on the north west corner of our Day Lodge
LIMITED DAILY TICKET SALES
- As a result of safety protocols surrounding COVID-19 and in the spirit of ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience, Castle Mountain Resort has instituted a cap on daily ticket sales that will be in place for the remainder of this season.
- We strongly encourage our guests to pre-purchase their tickets online prior to arriving at the resort. While we will continue the practice of selling “walk-up tickets” at our ticket windows, we will only do so based on availability. This means that, during select high volume periods (weekends + holidays), we may sell out of all available tickets online, in advance. This would leave no walk-up ticket availability at our ticket windows.
- Castle Mountain Resort season pass holders, WOW Card holders, and/or those holding pre-purchased open-dated tickets DO NOT NEED TO PRE-PURCHASE THEIR TICKET ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR SPECIFICS.
GUEST SERVICES / TICKETING
- Ticket sales and online ticket pick-ups will be facilitated through our outdoor ticketing windows only.
- Please note that we are limiting the sale of daily tickets. While we will continue selling walk-up tickets, we will do so only based on availability.
- Guests without a Castle Mountain Resort season pass, WOW Card, or another valid open-dated ticket are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase their ticket online.
- Access to our Guest Services area will be restricted to those guests requiring the printing or replacement of a season pass, corporate ticket pick-ups, direct-to-lift upgrades, and/or administration office inquiries.
- For this season, we will be offering single day tickets only – no multi-day tickets will be available.
- These changes are an important one for us to make as it will allow us to more easily facilitate our advance purchase only model that is necessary to maintain the health and safety of our guests & staff.
ENHANCED CLEANING / SANITIZATION PRACTICES
- We have stepped up our cleaning practices, including increased cleaning of high touch surfaces – especially those which are indoors – both during operations and after-hours.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added in several base area locations (including the entry and exit of indoor spaces).
RIDING THE LIFTS
- Those arriving in cohorts / families will be welcome to load our lifts as normal (to capacity).
- Singles and doubles will not be forced to load our lifts with those outside their cohort.
- Face covering are required while riding our lifts, in all lift line-ups, and in all lift unload areas.
- Our line-up configurations look a little different, in order to facilitate physical distancing (greater spacing between queues). Please provide enough space, between skiers / riders, to remain physically distant.
- No groups of larger than 10 are permitted (up to 9 guests & 1 instructor)
- Supervised lunches are not available as part of any lesson program.
- Unless purchasing a lift ticket in conjunction with a snow school program, lift tickets will not be sold through our Snow School this season. All ticketing products will be available through our outside ticket windows.
- There will be no day lodge thru traffic permitted through our Snow School entrance.
- Child minding services are not currently available.
This page will be updated frequently throughout the season – whenever new information is available. To keep yourself informed, prior to your visit, we suggest the following: