GRAB THOSE DISCS AND HIT THE COURSE!
9-BASKET DISC GOLF COURSE OPEN DURING THE SUMMER
Did you know that Castle has it’s own Disc Golf course? It’s true!
Our 9 hole course exists in and around the base area, primarily in the vicinity of the Green Chair. Baskets are generally in place from June – September annually. Come check it out!
What to Expect
Our disc golf course is a great way to get outside and enjoy a leisurely few hours around Castle Mountain Resort. The 9-basket course begins just outside the T-bar Pub and winds its way around the base area, between the first few towers of Sundance (Blue) Chair, and then all the way to the top of the Green Chair zone. There is no need to book the course in advance. All you have to do is turn up and play.
Discs and scorecards are available at either Castle Mountain Resort Guest Services or the T-Bar Pub.
FREE (provided you have your own discs)
Discs can be rented from either Guest Services (mid-week) or the T-Bar Pub (weekends).
Frequently Asked Questions
How is disc golf played?
The object of disc golf is to have fun and complete the course in the fewest throws.
- Start from the teeing area. The player must throw from behind the front of the teeing area.
- Subsequent throws are played from behind the spot where the previous throw came to rest. This spot is known as the “lie”. If your disc comes to rest in a tree or bush, the lie is the spot on the ground directly below.
- A run-up and follow through are allowed, but the player must release the disc before stepping past the lie.
- A putt is a throw from within 10 metres of the target. When putting, you may not step past your lie before establishing balance.
- The hole is completed when the disc comes to rest in the basket or chains. The hole is not completed if the disc is resting on the top of the target.
- If a throw goes out-of-bounds play from either the last in-bounds location with 1-throw penalty or retee with 1-throw penalty.
What is disc golf etiquette?
It is important to respect the course and others whilst playing disc golf, here are some tips:
Never throw into a blind area or when players, spectators, pedestrians, or other facility users are within range.
Observe all posted rules.
Please take care of trees and plants, and pick up litter.
Be positive and responsible. Teach others!
Where can I pick up discs and score cards?
You can pick up discs and score cards at guest services throughout the week (Monday – Thursday) and at the T-Bar Pub on the weekends (Friday – Sunday). The disc golf course is now open for the summer of 2023.
Is there a limit to how many players can play?
There is no limit to the amount of players on the course. However please be mindful of other players around you, nobody wants to get hit by a flying discs!
What happens if I lose or break my disc?
If you lose or break your disc you will then unfortunately lose your $20 deposit.
What should I bring & wear?
Outdoor apparel is recommended to play… good, sturdy shoes in particular as you are walking on uneven ground around the course. The course is not a huge one but water is always a good thing to bring along. If you end up becoming even more thirsty the T-Bar Pub will help you with that!
Is there an age limit for players?
No age limit! Disc golf is available to all