IFSA Junior Big Mountain Regionals
Castle Mountain Resort is proud to welcome the return of our IFSA sanctioned, junior free ski event to the resort again for 2020. Join us this March 7-8 to check out the best of Western Canada’s up and coming freeskiers. Competitors will display their incredible skiing skills on natural terrain while being judged on 5 categories – Line Choice, Control, Fluidity, Technique and Style/Energy. This is a 2-day event with qualifiers on Saturday and the Finals on Sunday.
ENTRY FEE / REGISTRATION:
• $89.00 per person (register online here)
• Discounted lift tickets available for athletes Friday through Sunday. You will receive a voucher when you check into the event.
• Coach’s tickets are available 1 complimentary ticket per 10 athletes.
To align with IFSA qualification standards the event is open to skiers ages 7-18 with 6 categories:
• GIRLS: 7-11, 12-14, and 15-18
• BOYS: 7-11, 12-14, and 15-18
• All age cut off dates are based on the age turned prior to December 31, 2019. The only exception is juniors 18 years of age may stay in the junior category until turning 19. Even if said junior turns 19 in the middle of the season, that athlete must move into the adult category events.
• An event waiver is required for all participants and needs the signature of Parent/Guardian if under 18 years of age. An event waiver will be sent to you once you’re on line registration has been completed. It can printed and brought to the event.
FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2020
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM – Check in and registration – Westcastle Lounge (upstairs main day lodge)
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM – Event venue open for free skiing for athletes (conditions permitting) – On-mountain
SATURDAY, MARCH 7, 2020
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM – Late check-in / bib pick-up – Westcastle Lounge (upstairs main day lodge)
8:00 AM – Competitor & coaches meeting (MANDATORY) – Westcastle Lounge (upstairs main day lodge)
9:00 AM – Sundance (Blue) Chair load – On-mountain
9:30 AM – Tamarack (Red) Chair open – On-mountain
9:45 AM – 10:30 AM – Event venue inspection – On-mountain
11:00 AM – Event start (QUALIFIERS) – On-mountain
5:00 PM – Coaches & Competitor Meeting + Posting of Results – Westcastle Lounge (upstairs main day lodge)
5:30 PM – Pizza Dinner + Photo Review – Westcastle Lounge (upstairs main day lodge)
SUNDAY, MARCH 8, 2020
8:30 AM – Competitor & Coaches Meeting (mandatory) – Westcastle Lounge (upstairs main day lodge)
9:00 AM – Sundance Chair load (Blue Chair) – On-mountain
9:30 AM – Tamarack Chair open (Red Chair) – On-mountain
9:45 – 10:30 AM – Event venue inspection – On-mountain
11:00 AM – Event start (FINALS) On-mountain
4:00 PM – AWARDS – ATCO Community Stage (base area outside of T-Bar Pub)
Registration is limited to the first 100 skiers and is first come, first serve so register early before the event sells out!
Other Important Event Info:
IFSA safety policies on helmets & back protector are mandatory for all competitors
All competitors must have valid medical insurance to compete in the event (any USA competitors must ensure their medical coverage extends to Canada and to the nature of the event).
Only registered event athletes and IFSA Certified Coaches (Proof of valid 2019-20 status must be provided) and certified event staff/volunteers will be allowed access to the Competition Venue, during the event qualifications and finals.
For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com