SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR THE CASTLE AND GET REWARDED
ENJOY A COMPLIMENTARY SEASON PASS WITH YOUR COMMITMENT TO VOLUNTEERING AS ONE OF OUR MOUNTAIN HOSTS.
We are currently looking for a few good humans – true lovers of the Castle – to join our Mountain Host program. Mountain Hosts provide a warm welcome to guests of Castle Mountain Resort and serve as a helpful source of information to our visitors. Our host program is a vital component in ensuring an exceptional experience for all guests of the resort.
This volunteer role runs from early December through to mid-April and carries with it the expectation of a minimum 16 half day shifts (8:30 AM to 12:30 PM) / season per person. While 16 may sound like a lot, the total commitment is only 64 hours, with nearly half of that time spent showing folks around the mountain! At the end of it all you’ll either receive a refund on your current season pass or a credit for one next year!
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
We’re so glad you asked! All Mountain Host shifts are a half day (4 hours) with an early start. A typical day looks as follows:
Sign-in & pick-up our daily, internal information bulletin (affectionally dubbed “TOM” – Today on the Mountains)
8:30 AM – 10:15 AM
Provide direction to guests arriving at the resort, in the vicinity of the Guest Services entrance / ticket windows
10:15 AM to 10:30 AM
Enjoy a break!
Arrive at base area trail map and liaise with guests who may wish to take a mountain tour.
10:40 AM – 12:25 PM
Conduct Mountain Tour (1 host for intermediate level and 1 host for advanced level participants)
Sign-out at Guest Services (we’d continue skiing, if we were you)!
We strive to bring on a minimum of 2 hosts per day on weekends and during key holiday periods (Christmas Holidays and Family Week).
- No prior ski industry work experience is required however extensive experience recreating at Castle Mountain Resort and within the Castle region will be expected
- An outgoing personality and a desire to help people
- Courteous & pleasant demeanor
- High energy personality with the guest experience being top of mind
- Knowledge of Castle Mountain Resort lines of business / events
- Exceptional spoken communication skills
- Intermediate or better skier or snowboarder
- Must be willing / able to ensure prolonged periods of outdoor exposure
- Ability to commit to shifts during weekends and holiday periods
- Must be willing / able to commit to a minimum of 16 half day shifts (64 hours total)
At the completion of 16 shifts, a full refund will be issued on a current season pass (pass for the season in which one has volunteered) OR a credit for an adult / senior season pass for the season to follow will be issued.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WILL I BE PROVIDED WITH A UNIFORM?
Absolutely! All of our Mountain Hosts will be assigned one of our beautiful, light blue Helly Hansen 3-layer shell jackets and a pair of pants to match.
You’ll be looking fly and hard to miss!
ON WHAT DAYS / DATES ARE SHIFTS AVAILABLE?
Generally speaking, we’re looking for Mountain Hosts on Saturdays, Sundays, and during holiday periods (Christmas and Family Weeks). For the 2021-2022 season, we anticipate requiring Mountain Hosts on the following dates:
- 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 (16 days)
- 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30 (10 days)
- 5, 6, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 (14 days)
- 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27 (8 days)
- 2, 3, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17 (7 days)
DO I NEED TO BE VACCINATED IN ORDER TO VOLUNTEER?
Effective November 26, 2021, CMR will require all employees, volunteers and contractors to be fully vaccinated as a condition of:
- Entering CMR offices or facilities, including staff accommodation / employer-provided housing; and
- Providing services to CMR either directly or to guests.
Alternatively, employees / volunteers may provide, at their own expense and on their own time, proof of rapid testing the day before they return to work and must continue to have rapid tests every 72 hours.
“Fully vaccinated” means a person who is at least fourteen days post-receipt of the full series of a World Health Organization (“WHO”) approved vaccine against infection by SARS-CoV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines (AstraZeneca, Moderna or Pfizer) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine
(Johnson & Johnson).
Great! Please fill out the Mountain Host Volunteer Application below and we’ll get back to you in a jiff!