Many people dream of going cat skiing. For some, it’s cost prohibitive and for others they just might not have the skills yet required to ski deep pow, on advanced terrain. But many skiers and snowboarders have always longed to travel the mountains by snow cat; there’s a certain romance about it, if you will.
At Castle Mountain Resort you’ll now have the chance to climb aboard our Powder Stagecoach for our all new scenic snow cat tour. Whisking you high onto Haig Ridge, you’ll enjoy hot chocolate and snacks at the top of the world, witnessing stunning alpine vistas while you do. This is a non-skiing activity and all that’s required is warm clothing for the chairlift ride up to meet the cat, in addition to coming in handy for when you stop ridge top, for your photo op. Here’s what your tour will look like:
- Check in at CMR Guest Services no later than 3:45 PM
- Upload Huckleberry Chair by 4 PM (accompanied by guide)
- Board the Powder Stagecoach snow cat near 4:15 PM (yes, the cat cabin is heated)
- Arrive ridge top near 4:45 PM (near sunset) where you’ll stop for photos and enjoy hot chocolate & a snack
- The cat will descend from the alpine, around our cat-ski terrain, with a return to the base at or near 6 PM
- As an added bonus, a $10 T-Bar Pub voucher is included for each guest
The cost of this tour is $79 + GST for adults (Ages 13 +) and $59 + GST for children (Ages 12 & under). Make your booking now through Castle Mountain Resort Guest Services by calling 1-888-SKI-TONS or 403-627-5101. Hurry, only 12 seats are available per departure!