PROFESSIONAL SKI INSTRUCTORS OF CANADA – LEVEL 3 EVALUATION
Welcome to the Professional Ski Instructors of Canada, Level 3 Program. By now, you are already a member of the PSIC or other organization. We know this next step will be a great one! This program is designed to utilize your practical experience and exposure to real-life teaching scenarios at your snow school, with the goal of enhancing the versatility and adaptability of your skiing and teaching skills. It’s a fun and high-energy program that focuses on the development of advanced skiing and teaching techniques in advanced conditions and situations.
Purpose of the Level 3 Program:
- To hone your understanding and skills to prepare you as a future leader in the skiing industry.
- To provide deeper understanding of the physics behind skiing, as well as the physical, emotional, and intellectual aspects of advanced teaching.
- To develop advanced skiing skills to demonstrate versatility and adaptability through a range of outcomes and situations.
- To develop advanced teaching skills to develop learning experiences for advanced skiers in on and off piste terrain and bumps.
The Level 3 Program contains Skiing, Teaching and an Evaluation component. The on snow components may be taken in the order that suits you best, however, we encourage you to take the skiing component first if possible.
- E-Learning Component — approximately 45 minutes to complete at home, at your own pace prior to the on snow components
- On Snow Skiing Training is three days, approximately 4.5 – 5 hours per day
- On Snow Teaching Training is three days, approximately 4.5 – 5 hours per day
- On Snow Evaluation is three days, approximately 4.5 – 5 hours per day